Training & Professional Development
Thom Child and Family Services is committed to providing high quality early intervention services to infants, toddlers, and families across the state. We also work closely with child care professionals and provide training and consultation services to others in the early childhood community.
We feel passionately about the importance of supporting the professional development of our staff. Early Intervention is an intricate blend of disciplines and fields – early childhood development, allied health and nursing, social work, education, home visiting, service coordination, and community-based programming all come together in this family-centered system. To encourage advanced training for experienced employees, Thom Child and Family Services’ Board of Directors created the Phyllis A. Fazzio Scholarship program. Click here to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Thom Child and Family Services takes great pride in being able to offer high quality professional development opportunities covering a wide range of topics. Training topics vary annually and are grounded in current research, supporting evidence-based practice.
For more information about professional development opportunities through Thom Child and Family Services please contact James Young, Coordinator of Continuing Education and Professional Development (508-655-5222 x139).
Events Search and Views Navigation
- There were no results found.
COVID-19 Awareness Training
Click Here to register and take course.
Already registered? Click Here to access your course.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
Click Here for a PDF guide to our Vaccine Resources.
Return to In-Person Services
Click here for a PDF guide to our In-Person Services Playbook (last updated on 7/19/2021).
Recently Updated Documents:
- 1.1_June Staff Support Options–removed
- 1.2_Thom COVID-19-Employee-Screening-Questionnaire–edited
- 1.3_Clinical Considerations for In-Person Visits–edited
- 1.5_In-Person Visit “Daily Dilemma” Scenarios–edited
- 2.1_Return to Home Visiting Guidelines–renamed and edited
- 2.1a_Letter to Families–edited
- 2.2a_Intro to EI Services letter–renamed and edited
- 2.2b_Pre-Visit Screening Questions–edited
- 2.3_Family Preparation Handout–edited
- 2.4_Tips Preparing for Safe In Person Visits–edited
- 2.5 Having Safe In-Person EI Visits–edited
- 3.4_Center Visit Sanitizing Tips–removed
- 4.1 Thom Travel Policy–removed
- Translated documents for 2.1, 2.1a, 2.2a, 2.2b, 2.3, and 2.5 have been updated to match the English versions.