Norwood, MA | Thom Neponset Valley Early Intervention
Thom Neponset Valley is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive, and family-centered early intervention services to infants, toddlers, their families, and others in the community who care for them. Our nurses, social workers, occupational and physical therapists, speech-language pathologists, mental health counselors, educators, and other specialists are passionate about supporting families and young children. If you have a concern regarding your child’s development, please contact us.
101 Vanderbilt Avenue
Norwood, MA 02062
Phone: (781) 551-0405
Fax: (781) 551-9901
Hours: 8:00 - 4:00
Communities We Serve:
Check to see if we serve your area:
"I went from feeling powerless by the circumstances under which my child was born, to feeling powerful by the knowledge of how to specifically help my son.”
Services We Provide
Early Intervention (EI) in Massachusetts is a statewide, family-centered, developmental service. Thom Child & Family Services offers the earliest possible intervention and support for children birth to three years old who have developmental difficulties due to identified disabilities or whose development is at risk due to certain birth or environmental circumstances.
Early Intervention Programs
Thom NVEI offers a variety of different Toddler Groups for children who are between 18 months and three years of age, all of which are designed to meet the needs of the children and their families. Currently, there are thirteen child groups available to accommodate a variety of family schedules. Each group is run once a week for two hours by experienced Early Intervention therapists.
During this two hour period, a variety of activities are offered:
- Singing songs with friends. -Dabbling in shaving cream or paint.
- Squeezing play dough and exploring the sensory tables.
- Completing an obstacle course and learning to jump on the trampoline.
Our philosophy is to dress for the mess! A child needs to explore and learn in a safe, fun environment. These developmentally appropriate activities foster growth in each child, encourage exploration and socialization and help develop play skills.
Transportation is available for all children enrolled in Early Intervention.
Toddler Groups are available to toddlers in the community who are not enrolled in Early Intervention for a nominal fee.
Parent Groups are offered concurrently with our Toddler Groups. These groups provide a fun, interactive, flexible forum for parents to discuss topics of interest to them. Please consider joining us for a facilitated, open and welcoming adult conversation where your questions and concerns as parents can be addressed.
Other Program Services
- Training for Childcare and Health Care Providers in the Areas of Red Flags in Child Development and Motor Development and Intervention
- Information Sessions for Colleges and Universities Regarding Early Intervention Services and Careers
- Other Consultations and Trainings on Request
Latest News From Our Office
- An Open Letter from Thom’s Executive Director & Thom’s Board President to Staff, Families, and Community Partners: June 2, 2020 Last Friday I sat down at […]
- Thom Westfield Infant Toddler Services was recently featured in their local news outlet, The Westfield News, for the telehealth services being provided to children and families. […]
- MEIC ISSUES MAYDAY CALL TO ACTION CONTACT GOVERNOR BAKER AND YOUR LEGISLATORS THIS THURSDAY, APRIL 30TH TO SAVE EI PROGRAMS The Massachusetts Early Intervention Consortium is […]
Meet Our Staff
Thom Neponset Valley Early Intervention
Thom Neponset Valley Early Intervention is in the business of helping children and their families achieve their goals. We recognize that our success depends on the skills and experience of the people who work for us. Thom Neponset Valley employs about 23 full and part-time staff members: teachers, nurses, social workers, and therapists, many of whom are fluent in Spanish, Arabic, Hindi and Hebrew.
Meet some of our dedicated staff:
Ann is an Occupational Therapist who has worked in EI for 19 years. Ann's expertise is in areas of feeding, oral motor, and sensory integration. "I love kids with lots of spirit and spunk-they keep me on my toes."
Sue is a Physical Therapist who has worked in EI for a "lifetime" of 30+ years. She has always enjoyed working with children and their families, watching them grow and change to become more independent in their lives.
Patty is a Developmental Specialist who works as the parent services coordinator. Patty has been in EI for 17 years and and spent an additional 3 years as a parent with a child in EI. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, reading and her many volunteer activities.
Susan is a Developmental Specialist who has worked in EI for 12 years. She loves working with families and children. In her spare time she loves reading, gardening and yoga.
- Special Educators
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Speech & Language Pathologists
- Social Workers
- Parent Resource Coordinator
- Teacher Assistants
- Administrative/Insurance Assistants