Training & Professional Development
Thom Child and Family Services is committed to providing high quality early intervention services to infants, toddlers, and families across the state. We also work closely with child care professionals and provide training and consultation services to others in the early childhood community.
We feel passionately about the importance of supporting the professional development of our staff. Early Intervention is an intricate blend of disciplines and fields – early childhood development, allied health and nursing, social work, education, home visiting, service coordination, and community-based programming all come together in this family-centered system. To encourage employees to advance their professional development, Thom Child and Family Services has established two specific programs to support staff seeking training opportunities:
- The Phyllis A. Fazzio Scholarship program – an initiative supported by the Thom Child and Family Services Board of Directors which allows for advanced clinical training, or leadership and management training for experienced employees. Click here to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
- Thom Academy – a time-limited, tuition reimbursement initiative created by the agency to support ongoing professional development for all employees. Click here to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Thom Child and Family Services takes great pride in being able to offer high quality professional development opportunities covering a wide range of topics. Training topics vary annually and are grounded in current research, supporting evidence-based practice.
For more information about professional development opportunities through Thom Child and Family Services please contact James Young, Coordinator of Continuing Education and Professional Development (508-655-5222 x139).
- This event has passed.
Deadline for Fazzio Scholarship Applications
May 3, 2019
Thom Child and Family Services is committed to supporting our employees’ ongoing professional development. To both encourage ongoing learning and honor a longtime friend of Thom Child and Family Services, the agency’s Board of Directors has established the Phyllis A. Fazzio Scholarship. This scholarship is designed to encourage and support employee development in two distinct training areas: advanced clinical skills, and leadership and management skills. To learn more about the Phyllis A. Fazzio Scholarship, please click here.
COVID-19 Awareness Training
Click Here to register and take course.
Already registered? Click Here to access your course.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
Click Here for a PDF guide to our Vaccine Resources.
Click here for a PDF guide to our In-Person Services Playbook (last updated on 5/2/2022).
Recently Updated Documents:
- 2.1_Home Visiting Guidelines–edited
- 2.2a_Intro to EI Services Letter–edited
- 1.3_Clinical Considerations for In-Person Visiting–archived
- 1.5_In-Person Visit “Daily Dilemma” Scenarios–archived
- 2.1a_Letter to Families–archived