We can help.
Motherhood is a joyful, exciting time, but it can be stressful too. Ask any new mom, and she’ll tell you that loving and caring for a newborn can be wonderful and difficult.
Welcome Family is a free program available to you and your newborn. It provides a one-time visit from a nurse who is experienced in supporting moms and newborns. The nurse will make sure you are feeling well and answer your questions. You’ll also get connected to other resources you might need.
Have questions? Ask someone with answers.
During your visit, you’ll have up to 90 minutes with an experienced nurse who understands what you’re going through. You and your newborn will receive a health assessment, and you’ll get information and advice about:
- Calming your newborn
- Bathing, changing and taking care of your newborn
- Eating well to keep you and your newborn healthy
- Ensuring that your home is safe
The nurse may also ask questions to make sure you are doing okay.
These might include:
- Have you been getting enough sleep?
- Do you have the support you need from family and friends?
- Are you eating well?
- Are you feeling upset or depressed?