Thom Academy Tuition Reimbursement Program
Thom Child and Family Services is pleased to offer a time-limited, continuing education opportunity to staff once again this year. Thom Academy is a Tuition Reimbursement Program for employees to support their ongoing professional development. The maximum award is $500 per employee.
Guidelines for Participation:
*Please note: Thom Academy guidelines have changed, please read all guidelines prior to applying.*
- The Thom Academy application period will be open from October 4, 2023 - March 1, 2024.
- To be eligible for Thom Academy, you must be employed by Thom Child and Family Services for at least 6 months.
- Before submitting a Thom Academy application, you must discuss your proposed training/application with your program director and receive approval before submission.
- In your application, you must indicate how this training will support your work in early intervention and how you will share information with others in your program.
- Only training opportunities relevant to early intervention and/or your role at Thom are eligible for reimbursement.
- More than one training course can be covered with Thom Academy funds using ONE application (subsequent applications will not be funded).
- Each awardee is also eligible for up to $500 in reimbursement for tuition/fees/materials related to the training(s).
- Only training opportunities offered and completed during this fiscal year (July 1, 2023- June 30, 2024), can be reimbursed through Thom Academy.
- Due to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), employees who apply for an annual membership/learning pass will be reimbursed on a pro-rated basis. For example, if an employee purchases a $200 annual training pass on 10/1/23, reimbursement will only be made for the 9 months that fall within this fiscal year, so the reimbursement will be for $150.
- Please note, funds are limited, and will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis.
- ALL RECEIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JUNE 15, 2024, to receive reimbursement. Applications can be completed online only. Interested employees can apply here: Thom Academy 3.0 Application.
For any questions related to the Thom Academy program or application process, please email Tacademy@thomchild.org.